Visual acuity (VA)
VA is a measure of the clarity or sharpness of vision. It is typically determined based on the smallest letter that can be read on a chart and is often expressed in terms of letters visible at 20 feet (e.g., having 20/30 vision means being able to read at 20 feet the letters that a person with “normal” vision can read at 30 feet).
Last Updated:December 27, 2021
Visual acuity (VA) is a measure of the clarity or sharpness of vision. It is typically determined based on the smallest letter that can be read on a chart and is often expressed in terms of letters visible at 20 feet (e.g., having 20/30 vision means being able to read at 20 feet the letters that a person with “normal” vision can read at 30 feet).
- Saffron - Dario Marangoni, Benedetto Falsini, Marco Piccardi, Lucia Ambrosio, Angelo Maria Minnella, Maria Cristina Savastano, Silvia Bisti, Rita Maccarone, Antonello Fadda, Enrica Mello, Paola Concolino, Ettore CapoluongoFunctional effect of Saffron supplementation and risk genotypes in early age-related macular degeneration: a preliminary reportJ Transl Med.(2013 Sep 25)
- CDP-Choline - Parisi V, Coppola G, Centofanti M, Oddone F, Angrisani AM, Ziccardi L, Ricci B, Quaranta L, Manni GEvidence of the neuroprotective role of citicoline in glaucoma patientsProg Brain Res.(2008)
- Caffeine - Gillingham R, Keefe AA, Keillor J, Tikuisis PEffect of caffeine on target detection and rifle marksmanshipErgonomics.(2003 Dec 15)
- Saffron - Geoffrey K Broadhead, John R Grigg, Peter McCluskey, Thomas Hong, Timothy E Schlub, Andrew A ChangSaffron therapy for the treatment of mild/moderate age-related macular degeneration: a randomised clinical trialGraefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol.(2019 Jan)
- Saffron - Falsini B, Piccardi M, Minnella A, Savastano C, Capoluongo E, Fadda A, Balestrazzi E, Maccarone R, Bisti SInfluence of saffron supplementation on retinal flicker sensitivity in early age-related macular degenerationInvest Ophthalmol Vis Sci.(2010 Dec)
- Butcher's broom - B. Archimowicz-Cyryłowska, B. Adamek, M. Droździk, L. Samochowiec, J. WójcickiClinical Effect of Buckwheat Herb, Ruscus Extract and Troxerutin on Retinopathy and Lipids in Diabetic PatientsPhytotherapy Research.()
- Ginkgo Biloba - Quaranta L, Bettelli S, Uva MG, Semeraro F, Turano R, Gandolfo EEffect of Ginkgo biloba extract on preexisting visual field damage in normal tension glaucomaOphthalmology.(2003 Feb)
- Cannabis - Ileana Tomida, Augusto Azuara-Blanco, Heather House, Maggie Flint, Roger G Pertwee, Philip J RobsonEffect of sublingual application of cannabinoids on intraocular pressure: a pilot studyJ Glaucoma.(2006 Oct)
- Fish Oil - Csader S, Korhonen S, Kaarniranta K, Schwab UThe Effect of Dietary Supplementations on Delaying the Progression of Age-Related Macular Degeneration: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.Nutrients.(2022-Oct-13)