What is continuing education, or CECs, CPEUs, and CEUs?
A continuing education credit (CEC), continuing education unit (CEU), or a continuing professional education unit (CPEU) is a measure used in continuing education programs to assist professionals in maintaining their license in their profession.
Examine+ members can earn CPEUs and CEUs at no extra charge through self-study activities that have been approved by various organizations related to health and nutrition.
What organizations can you earn CEUs for with Examine+?
Examine currently offers credit hours through:
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
If you’re a U.S. health professional (MD, RN, PT, or other), and also want to earn credit hours with Examine+, click here to let us know what organizations you belong to or contact us.
How does getting CEUs on Examine work?
- Read Study Summaries of the latest research. [Sample Study Summaries] These summaries are hand-picked by the Examine research team and represent the newest and most noteworthy research in specific topics in the fields of sports, health, and nutrition.
- Complete a quiz. [Sample Quiz] Digest what you’ve learned and demonstrate your knowledge with a straightforward quiz to solidify your professional education.
- Collect your CEUs at no extra charge! You can earn CEUs every month by staying up to date on the latest evidence.
Contact us for more information.