Save time with our Study Summaries. Whether you’re a health professional (physician, dietitian, trainer …) or an inquisitive layperson, our clear writing in plain language will make it easy for you to keep up with a high volume of new research.
In each summary, we situate the study and its findings within the broader literature and provide you with all the key details, such as dosage and duration. We also mention practical implications and major caveats, such as design limitations, flawed conclusions, or conflicts of interest.
If there are studies you'd like us to summarize, please let us know here.
Become an Examine Member and access 150+ monthly summaries of new studies across 25 health categories .
The most-favorited summaries
Editor’s Picks (longer, more in-depth summaries) are tagged with .
Rewinds (older, still relevant, very interesting summaries) are tagged with ⏪.
- More sets, more gains?
- Taking protein or amino acids postexercise might reduce inflammation and oxidative stress
- Sweet news about low- and zero-calorie beverages
- Omega−3s improved maternal health and birth outcomes
- Supplementing antidiabetic drugs with micronutrients for glycemic control
- Cardiometabolic benefits of fasting
- Addictive attributes of food ⏪
- Better sleep with the MIND diet
- Taking zinc can alleviate PMS
- Taking 4,000 IU of vitamin D daily seems safe
- Oats reduce some risk factors for heart disease
- Can sleeping more help you eat less?
- Oral hyaluronic acid alleviates skin aging
- Step it up: Can you walk your way to a longer life?
- Plants that (may) enhance cognition?
- Psychological and biological resilience modulates stress and its influence on epigenetic aging
- Can antioxidants improve the sperm quality of men with subfertility?
- Late-night bright-light exposure shifts metabolism away from fat burning
- Nutritional strategies for psoriasis
- Can glutamine enhance the effects of a low-FODMAP diet?
- Pesticide exposure can increase with a Mediterranean diet but decrease with organic food
- Does exercise adaptation vary with genetics?
- Chicken meat and a plant-based meat substitute had the same effect on muscle protein synthesis
- Coffee or tea? Why not both?
- Does concurrent training attenuate gains in maximal strength, explosive strength, or muscle size?
- Low-FODMAP diets can reduce IBS symptoms
- Which probiotic strains can treat IBS?
- Nitrate supplementation boosts muscle power
- Familiar music might improve memory during cognitive decline
- A high-sugar diet may increase the risk of Alzheimer’s disease
- Caffeine, genetics, and obesity risk?
- Can resistance training reduce appetite?
- Keto diets and resistance training
- Vitamin K for cancer?
- Can arginine alleviate COVID-19?
- Do you compensate for the calories burned through exercise?
- What causes PCOS, and how can you best manage it?
- Can a week of unrestricted sleep make up for long-term sleep loss?
- Does dark chocolate impact mood and emotions via the microbiome?
- Is caffeine less ergogenic if you consume it regularly?
- Can lycopene or tomato products reduce blood pressure?
- Prunes may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Dark chocolate increases energy expenditure in women
- Does your metabolism slow down as you age?
- Excessive screen time is associated with developmental delay in young children
- Can anthocyanins benefit cognition?
- For cognition, EPA is better than DHA
- Mindfulness interventions for ADHD
- Do artificial sweeteners affect the gut microbiota?
- Can time-restricted eating improve body composition?
- Does coffee make you live longer?
- Dark chocolate will win your heart
- Do citrus fruits increase the risk of skin cancer
- What is the optimal amount of fruit and vegetables for long-term health?
- Is it true that weight loss can result in a “slow metabolism”?
- Topical nutrients may provide benefits for male pattern baldness
- Examining the effects of melatonin on cognition
- Yoga may be better than a sleep-hygiene routine for insomnia relief
- Certain biophenols alleviate irritable bowel syndrome andinflammatory bowel disease
- Dietary creatine is linked to higher cognitive function in older adults
- Can vitamin B2 prevent or treat migraines?
- Can vitamin C mitigate type 2 diabetes?
- Are phytonutrients cardioprotective?
- Which nutrition education strategy is best for type 1 diabetes?
- Is weight loss contagious?
- Eggs or cereal — which breakfast makes you eat less for lunch?
- Based on the evolutionary biology of human inactivity, should you ditch your desk chair?
- Which interventions can improve your skin barrier?
- Can you take taurine to burn more fat during aerobic exercise?
- Does the menstrual cycle affect exercise performance?
- What factors determine weight-loss maintenance?
- Sleep deprivation decreases testosterone levels and muscle protein synthesis
- Effects of various supplements on sleep quality ?
- Examining the relationship between physical activity levels and CVD risk
- Is calcium supplementation increasing your risk of cardiovascular disease?
📝 Want these in your inbox?
Keep on top of the latest research in nutrition and health.