The breast is made up of three types of tissue: glandular, fibrous, and fatty (adipose) tissue. After puberty, the amount of glandular and fibrous tissue will remain unchanged in an adult, non-menopausal and non-pregnant woman regardless of bodyweight.
As the body loses fat from the entire body during weight loss, this will result in smaller breasts. At the same time, fat will also be lost on your waist, hips, shoulders, and more, your proportions will remain relatively the same. The aesthetic result of your breasts may even be improved as their size diminishes.
💊 Get unbiased supplement information
- Low-fat vs. low-carb? Major study concludes: it doesn’t matter for weight loss
- Can hypothyroidism lead to fat gain?
- Does aspartame increase appetite?
- How do I stay out of "starvation mode?"
- Measuring body fat percentage: It's an accuracy thing
- Is my “slow metabolism” stalling my weight loss?
- Does eating at night make it more likely to gain weight?
- The lowdown on intermittent fasting
- I'm not too tired to stuff my face
- Does diet soda inhibit fat loss?
- Will eating breakfast keep you lean?
- Do you need to detox?
- Can you lose weight by turning down the heater?
- Does daily weighing help you lose weight?
- How do I get a six-pack?
- Is it OK to skip breakfast?
- How does protein affect weight loss?
- What should you eat for weight loss?
- Exploring chia seeds for weight loss
- Can food have negative calories?
- 5 little-known facts about protein
- Will lifting weights convert my fat into muscle?
- How do I lose fat around my belly?
- 3 Science-based steps to curbing your appetite
- Does high-protein intake help when dieting?
- Whey vs soy protein: which is better when losing weight?
- How important is sleep?
- How to minimize fat gain during the holidays
- I have lost significant weight and now have loose skin. How can I tighten up my skin?
- Stepping up weight loss: Can walking help dieters shed fat?
- What supplement or food changes are recommended for pregnant or expecting women?
- Do oral contraceptives affect a woman's metabolism?
- I am a female. Will lifting heavy weights make me bulky?
- If you’re female, is sex healthy?
- Can I take something to alleviate premenstrual symptoms?