No differences in leptin or satiety have been found between the two.
Is sugar more filling than HFCS?
Read these related Nutrition Articles
Fructose vs Glucose vs HFCS
What is the difference between high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) and sugar?
Is high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) worse than sugar?
How do I increase insulin sensitivity?
Did you know that sugary fruits could help regulate... blood sugar?
Are energy drinks bad for you?
Can food have negative calories?
- Melanson KJ, et al. Effects of high-fructose corn syrup and sucrose consumption on circulating glucose, insulin, leptin, and ghrelin and on appetite in normal-weight women . Nutrition. (2007)
- Monsivais P, Perrigue MM, Drewnowski A. Sugars and satiety: does the type of sweetener make a difference . Am J Clin Nutr. (2007)
- Soenen S, Westerterp-Plantenga MS. No differences in satiety or energy intake after high-fructose corn syrup, sucrose, or milk preloads . Am J Clin Nutr. (2007)
- Melanson KJ, et al. High-fructose corn syrup, energy intake, and appetite regulation . Am J Clin Nutr. (2008)
- Stanhope KL, et al. Twenty-four-hour endocrine and metabolic profiles following consumption of high-fructose corn syrup-, sucrose-, fructose-, and glucose-sweetened beverages with meals . Am J Clin Nutr. (2008)