No differences in leptin or satiety have been found between the two.
Is sugar more filling than HFCS?
Related Nutrition Articles
- Melanson KJ, et al. Effects of high-fructose corn syrup and sucrose consumption on circulating glucose, insulin, leptin, and ghrelin and on appetite in normal-weight women . Nutrition. (2007)
- Monsivais P, Perrigue MM, Drewnowski A. Sugars and satiety: does the type of sweetener make a difference . Am J Clin Nutr. (2007)
- Soenen S, Westerterp-Plantenga MS. No differences in satiety or energy intake after high-fructose corn syrup, sucrose, or milk preloads . Am J Clin Nutr. (2007)
- Melanson KJ, et al. High-fructose corn syrup, energy intake, and appetite regulation . Am J Clin Nutr. (2008)
- Stanhope KL, et al. Twenty-four-hour endocrine and metabolic profiles following consumption of high-fructose corn syrup-, sucrose-, fructose-, and glucose-sweetened beverages with meals . Am J Clin Nutr. (2008)