What we do
We care a lot about our mission: To analyze and summarize the latest scientific research to help you be healthier. The company mission may be perfunctory for some organizations, but we take ours very seriously.
Transparency is very important to us, both to readers and to employees. We give our employees autonomy and responsibility, and we practice financial transparency and profit sharing with our team members.
We are a virtual and global company, which gives you the freedom to work from wherever you wish.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a full-time graphics designer who will help us to:
- Establish a strong brand identity that is normalized across our website, social media, and other work.
- Create detailed graphics (illustrations, flowcharts, tables, and more) that summarize individual and multiple studies.
- Ensure visual symmetry as we expand into other areas.
If you get accepted for the position, you'll be working with a team of cool and curious nutrition nerds. Everyone's humble and everyone's a pleasure to work with; we take our work seriously, not ourselves.
Candidates should have at least one year of experience, with ideally the following skills:
- Strong vector illustration skills
- Strong understanding of infographic types and data visualization
- Very detail-oriented
- Works well with non-graphic designers and is able to understand and translate a person’s complex idea/story into a simple and clean visual
- Good understanding of hierarchy and how to spotlight information
- Experience working within a brand’s style guide
- Well versed in Adobe Creative Suite and GSuite
- Strong knowledge of graphic optimization for web and social media
- Independent worker with strong time management
- Interest in health is beneficial, but not required
- Experience in digital biological illustrations is beneficial
To repeat, it’s of utmost importance that you’re open-minded, curious, and easy to work with.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation time
- Remote-working — pick the hours that work best for you.
- Multiple days off per month, including internal Disconnect Day (no one is allowed to work that day), Recharge Day, and national holidays.
- Work-life balance — as a health organization, it is important to us that no one works excessive hours, works on the weekend, or burns themselves out.
- Team profit-sharing (splitting 20% of pre-tax profits).
The ideal candidate has used Examine. If you haven’t, please be honest. We’re looking for someone interested in a career shift to a unique company that focuses on accuracy, objectivity, and helpfulness above all.
We are bootstrapped and are laser-focused on improving people’s lives, being transparent (for example, our mistakes), and balancing free vs. paid content.
We are a flat organization, so you will not have a manager to report to. Our company is primarily made up of researchers, and most of your work will involve collaborating with them to support research analysis with visual elements.
Employees are expected to give a weekly report on what they have completed and what they will be doing in the future. We do not micromanage, count hours, or anything invasive — we treat you like a human being.
At Examine, we are very focused on collaborative effort — we always explain the why of what we are doing, and your feedback is encouraged in all facets of the company, even outside of development.
We take pride in not being “just another job” — you’re welcome to review our Employee Handbook and how it applies to our team members. Our entire approach is to build a company we would enjoy working at — one that allows us to be challenged and grow our skillset and enjoy the work we do, not be crushed with relentless hours of work.
We are more than happy to make team members available for you to talk to; consider them our references.
Fill out the form linked below.
We expect you to stay with us for at least a year and hopefully much longer.
Please submit your LinkedIn profile and/or CV, along with any work or code you wish to highlight.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.