No differences in leptin or satiety have been found between the two.
Is sugar more filling than HFCS?
- Melanson KJ, et al Effects of high-fructose corn syrup and sucrose consumption on circulating glucose, insulin, leptin, and ghrelin and on appetite in normal-weight women . Nutrition. (2007)
- Monsivais P, Perrigue MM, Drewnowski A Sugars and satiety: does the type of sweetener make a difference . Am J Clin Nutr. (2007)
- Soenen S, Westerterp-Plantenga MS No differences in satiety or energy intake after high-fructose corn syrup, sucrose, or milk preloads . Am J Clin Nutr. (2007)
- Melanson KJ, et al High-fructose corn syrup, energy intake, and appetite regulation . Am J Clin Nutr. (2008)
- Stanhope KL, et al Twenty-four-hour endocrine and metabolic profiles following consumption of high-fructose corn syrup-, sucrose-, fructose-, and glucose-sweetened beverages with meals . Am J Clin Nutr. (2008)
Your e-mail is safe with us. We don’t share personal data.